Sunday, January 24, 2010

Its the simple things in life...


Yesterday was hubby's birthday...My daughters and I spent weeks trying to plan this awesome day for daddy. We bought him clothes, gadgets and reservations at 6 pm...you name it we went all out. He appreciates gifts but never requests anything. I have a classmate that makes superb cakes..custom made cakes that melt in your mouth. I mentioned to hubby that his cake was gonna be the best ever this year...He said, "I want the homemade lemon cake you make me every year." *sigh* Why won't he let me spoil him!!!??? GRRRR! He is not big on sweets but he will flip when he sees me mixing up a batch of my homemade lemon icing...


My oldest daughter saw a few cake decorations at the grocery store and she insisted that she pay for them with her own money! LOL Miss Independent...making this cake for my main squeeze was good quality time with my daughters. The girls decorated it themselves...After spending all that money on gifts and expensive dinners it was the $4.00 cake that the 3 girls in his life made with love that touched him the most... when its all said and done, its the simple things in life that mean the most.


The best things in life ARE NOT THINGS.

No comments: