Friday, September 3, 2010

Learning about me...through photos.




Recently I was able to sit down with my Aunt and shoot the breeze...She told me how much of a ham I was as a little girl (I STILL AM! LOL). We discussed childhood back in the day and how much things have changed over the years. It was not a planned visit but I enjoyed myself so much learning about myself, through history. She Blessed me with a CD with old images of my Grandparents, my mother, aunts and uncles. If only I could have spent more time talking with my grandparents before they passed on my Dad's side. I think its so important to pull up a chair and chop it up with the elders of your family. Its so much wisdom to be shared...I also learned about our family health history. You'd be surprised to find out how much in common you have with Big Mama and Paw Paw. Give them their flowers while they can see it. Celebrate you ancestors and where you came from.


No comments: