Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The new books I purchased this summer and a few oldies but goodies..

Coretta Scott King, the pictures are insane but I figured that because the famous artist Frank Morrison did the illustrations...I wanted to frame the pics!
(Caldecott Honor Book) This one is based on a true story! I loved it.. Kadir Nelson did the illustrations, the same illustrator that does the pictures for Spike Lee's 'Baby Baby Please" books..



Be prepared to answer ALOT of questions after this one...Awesome book!
Classic, I won't tell..I'll let you see for yourself. Great addition to the collection!






BREATHTAKING!


We have all the Little Bill books, we watch the show on Noggin!






We haven't read this one yet.. Great pics and I love the title.




Self Explanatory! LOL My daughters love this one..



My 3 year old has memorized ALLLLL the words. Kadir Nelson is a genius! Written by Spike Lee and his wife.





TOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! Its the sequal to the book above if I'm not mistaken, the pages are absolutely adorable!


I expected a little more but good book nonetheless, basically I bought it because I wanted to support Jada. It has great photography and its a good message to impower little girls to be proud to be a girl!



I bought this one because I love Willie Perdomo...He is a fantastic poet!! OMG! He reminds me of my hubby in a way..The book was pretty cool.. You gotta love Langston Huges.






I read books by Ezra Jack Keats as a kid, this book is great for the little boys!

No comments: