Thursday, July 22, 2010

SURFIN'::: The THRIFT STORE Edition!


Thrift Store surfin' is one of my favorite things to do. I hated it as a kid, I wanted all new stuff and not some moth ball smelling rubbish somebody threw away. The older I get I understand that whole "one man's trash is another man's treasure" thing... Its also another way to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle...MESSAGE!!!!!!!!! LOL! They don't call me the Retro Recessionista for nothing! *wink*


Usually, I leave the kids with Mr. and go by myself. I've taken my kids along and usually I'm too busy chasing them around to really sort through the goods. Plus, kids don't understand that they can't touch all over thrift store items...It's not the cleanest place for kids, considering most if not everything in there needs to be washed and sanitized...When I go with my bestie who is an avid online shopper... she doesn't have the patience. Going with the pals is fun..shout out to Wyn-dogg! She gets more out of finding things for me than herself! LOL! My sister has a short tolerance and hubby can only take it so long before he is totally over it. Saturday mornings is when I do my drive-bys. I am drooling just thinking about all of the glorious garage sales and groovy finds tucked away in thrift stores...My love affair with any and all things vintage has grown so intense lately! OMG...


Like I've said before, vintage items have history...they tell a story. Like my "GUMBY" stuffed little guy pictured above. It was love at first sight, I had to have it! I loved watching Gumby at 7:30 every morning before school. I remember missing my bus and getting in trouble trying to watch that daggone show! Just thinking about it cracks me up! While thrift store shopping I found another ZUMBA location too! HOLLA! I love getting my Zumba on..thats a whole 'notha blog post! LOL! *stay tuned* WINK! I'm gonna do a thrift store haul soon....

No comments: